About The Competition
Submission deadline is at 2014-05-08 23:59.
About the competition.
Game Concept Challenge is a competition were game concepts compete against each other. All submissions will be judged by a jury consisting of people from the Game Industry. The winners receive between 10 000 SEK and 100 000 SEK in development support depending on the project. In addition to that they will get guidance to get their concept to a finished product and out on the market.
The goal of this competition is to stimulate the games industry in Karlshamn and to encourage more people to take their ideas from concept to the market as finished products.
The development support is provided by Sparbanken I Karlshamns Näringslivsstiftelse and administrated by Gameport / Blekinge Business Incubator, because of this anyone that wins the competition needs to sign up as part of Gameport. The contracts will be mailed out to all participants after they have submitted an expression of interest.
Each game will be scored 1-5 on each of the criteria mentioned below, and tallied to give a total score out of a maximum 25 points. Your game will be judged on:
- Fun Factor
- Visual Appeal
- Is it possible to finish within 12 months?
- Is it commercially viable?
Terms and condition.
By submitting this application you agree to the following terms.
- Participants must have or start a company in Karlshamn (enskild firma, handelsbolag, aktiebolag).
- The game can’t be released prior to the competition.
- You own all the rights to the project.
- There can’t be excessive violence and or nudity in the game.
- An applicant or group of applicants can submit only one entry.
- The game needs to be able to be finished within 12 months.
- A reference to Game Concept Challenge and its sponsors needs to be in the “Credits menu” or a similar place.
- Everything submitted to the competition except for information under “Additional information” can be published anywhere by the arrangers of Game Concept Challenge.
Previous winners are allowed to enter the competition, but will receive a maximum of 10 000 SEK if their project goes the distance.